Twin Cities Paranormal Research & Investigation

 Twin Cities Paranormal Research & Investigation

Click here to edit subtitle

TCPRI Updates

TCPRI Directors Investigation Blog 1-2

Posted by Cory Miller TCPRI Director & Founder on July 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM

TCPRI Directors Investigation Blog #1-2

Follow Up Residential Investigation

St. Paul, MN

Date of Investigation: 6/16/2012

Investigators: Director- Cory Miller

Tech/Lead- Scott Roshen

Follow Up Investigation Briefing:

Upon review of the evidence from our initial investigation, we decided that a follow up investigation was needed, to help us determine just what type of haunting this was we were dealing with. Just to recap our findings from our last time in the house; we found 2 EVP’s in the 8 year old son’s room, a mysterious light anomaly flying through the frame and disappearing into the darkness, a few more orb like anomalies moving in the bathroom, and a great photo of an orb flying through the frame in the master bedroom. We made sure to focus our attention and our equipment to the youngest son’s room, the master bedroom, bathroom and most of all, the basement.

After our initial investigation I had instructed the client to burn sage in all of their living areas as well as, try and lay down some ground rules with this/these spirits. I also told her to make sure to be demanding yet try and maintain a level of respect with the spirits. Upon entering for our follow up investigation we got less of a sense of fear of these spirits and more of a sense of wanting to know what is in their house. That’s why we made sure to do whatever we could to get a response out of this activity, to help us determine what type of haunting this could be. We had decided to start off with the basement since we did not focus a lot of our time down there last time around.

Basement Rundown 1:

We began in the basement with setting up all 3 of our IR night vision cameras on tri-pods so we could get a good view of the entire basement. Also we made sure to set up a few IR motion detectors, along with 2 EMF detectors that illuminate and alarm when in the presence of Electro Magnetic Energy, the Energy that spirits are said to give off. Then we had decided to pull up a few chairs and began to try to establish communication with this/these spirits by means of EVP session. Both Scott and I were taking pictures while we were asking questions, Scott with our Standard Kodak Easy Share, and me with our IR still camera. During our first 25 min. EVP session, I had asked for the Spirit/s to throw something at one of us, and almost right after I had asked we began hearing what sounded like little rocks hitting the floor around where I was sitting. It was right around this time Scott noticed that his camcorder was shut off, he then turned it back on and noticed the battery was still completely charged. Just to note this is a very high end Sony Handy Cam with a built in 60gb HD this is not the type of camera to just turn off like that, more to come about our Cameras malfunctioning shortly. Scott had also been capturing a lot of white orbs in the pictures he was taking every time we heard these rocks being thrown, coincidence or paranormal? I then decided to switch the IR still camera I was using to record and moved over by the graffiti where we were thinking the rocks could have come from. I had moved from the “Anarchy” Symbol painted on the north wall of the basement to the “666” painted on the west wall of the basement. I had asked “what do you want to do to me,” and a male spirit responded with, “I want to hurt you”. After listening to our recorders and going over the footage, both the camera I was holding and our digital recorder placed on the ground between Scott’s chair and my chair picked up this class A EVP. Upon further review of the footage, right after we caught this EVP we found an un-explainable white anomaly moving through the bottom left hand corner of the frame in the camera I was holding. It was about 5 or 6 minutes after that, we received the first piece of evidence that made us believe we were in the presence of a spirit. It was caught while I was standing in front of the “666” painted on the wall and panning around the room one last time before sitting back down. You will see Scott sitting back down in his chair, and almost right after he exits the frame there is a very clear Orb that appears and flies right up out of a mattress that is lying up against a pillar. The orb then flies right up and towards me, almost immediately after it flew towards me I got a very cold chill and goose bumps. Please take note it was 80 degrees and very humid the day we were doing our investigation, and there was no AC on in the house either, the coolest reading we got the hole night was 78.5 degrees.

After we caught this possible “Orb” we decided to sit back down and use our SB-7 Spirit Box. This device is used to rapidly scan through radio frequencies (In Reverse, it will only stay on one channel for a quarter of a second) to generate a constant white noise for us to communicate with spirits in real time. We sat asking questions for around 25 minutes without a single intelligent response, until Scott asked, “Do you remember us from last time at all?” then a male spirit responded, “Yes”. When we sat down and listened to the recording we noticed this one response came through three different radio stations. The footage we have posted of this response was taken from another IR Mini DV Camcorder we had place on a tri-pod behind Scott pointed in my direction. We had noticed while sweeping the basement for any out of place EMF spikes that this very camera was turned off, and the IR light was completely drained. I myself charged all of the batteries for this camera before our investigation so I know it was fully charged. When we tried to turn the camera back on it just shut right back off, so I switched out the battery and turned the camera back on, that’s when I noticed the IR light was dead as well. Once we returned home after our investigation I made sure to go over this footage first to see just what if anything Paranormal may have caused this camera to turn off. The first thing I noticed was the IR light had drained in the first 5 minutes of our recording, and the second thing was almost right after we received the Spirit Box response is when the cameras batteries drained.

This is now the second time of the night we have had equipment malfunctions. It started with Scotts Camera turning off, and then Our Static IR cameras battery and light were drained! With all of our responses I am almost ready to call these incidents paranormal as well. A few more things I did not mention we found during our first trip into the basement of the night. The first of which is an EVP we caught during the first 5 minutes of our investigation, this EVP starts off with me announcing our investigation with, “Rolling Tammy’s house all night investigation”, then a male spirit says either, “let’s go off” or “Lights go off”, as soon as I finished with saying, “EVP Session” another very odd sounding voice says, “Enter”.

We then decided to head for the upstairs; we left an IR Camera, IR Motion Detector, EMF Detector and a digital recorder down in the basement recording. We switched our attention to the Master Bedroom.

Master Bedroom:

After we finished our 45 minute to an hour investigation of the basement we moved upstairs into the master bedroom. We began by setting up our 3 remaining IR cameras to try and get a view of the door that we had open up on its own from every possible angle. I then placed our MEL-Meter, Digital recorder on the bed and then set an IR motion detector on a dresser close to the door. Once again we started off with asking questions and snapping as many pictures as possible while trying to re-establish contact with the spirit that opened the door last time we were here. For about 25 minutes we tried getting any type of response through our digital recorder, we were even asking for this spirit to open the door for us again. With no responses we then tried to communicate with our Sb-7 Spirit Box again, and with no intelligent responses in 20 minutes we decided to sweep the room for an object that could be giving off an out of place EM Field. I did not receive any out of the ordinary spikes, so I took another EMF detector and placed it on the dresser at the foot of the bed to try one last time to get any sort of response or evidence we could. We did not get the same feelings upstairs as we did in our last investigation; we failed to catch any EVPs or video evidence in the master bedroom this time around.

Upon reviewing the pictures off of our Kodak Easy share camera we did happen to notice an orb in one of the pictures. I am not going to call this orb paranormal, there are mirrored closet doors so it could have very easily been the cameras flash reflecting back at the lens. I also would like to note that we tried everything we could to get the door to open back up on its own (non-paranormal wise) I pulled as hard as I could on the door without breaking the nob, we tried to jiggle the handle around, I even began jumping around the base of the door to see if the door could have just been loose and open on its own; with no luck at all.

5 Minute Break:

I would like to point out one quick thing before we move on to the son’s room. We decided to head outside and take a quick 5 minute break to discuss something’s and have a smoke. But before we did that I wanted to go down stairs and check on the IR camera we had left rolling down there. When we went down there I noticed the LCD screen was off but all of the lights were still lit up, and the record light was still blinking. The LCD screen is not supposed to turn off on this camera and I made sure to check that the auto power off was not turned on, it was not. I also noticed that the Phantom IR Pro light we were using with this camera was dead as well. We switched out the batteries quick and tried to review the footage of right before the camera shut off, but the entire file was corrupt and we are still unable to view this footage; Paranormal? This is the third time of the night our equipment has malfunctioned and another one of our camera has been drained. After all of that we took our 5 minute break and decided to head to the Son’s room.

8 Year Old Son’s Room:

Once we finished our “Un-Union” 5 minute break, we then moved on to the son’s room. This is the room of the house we captured both of our great EVP’s from our preliminary investigation. If you have not heard them (they are posted on our home page in the Featured EVP’s section) the first of the 2 was me asking, “Do you only like to scare that little boy at night?” and a male spirit responded “No”, the second was Scott asking “How old do you happen to be?” and the same spirit responded with “six”.

We began our second investigation of the child’s room by 2 IR cameras, an IR motion detector in the closet (well out of its range so it wouldn’t pick us up), a digital recorder, and an EMF detector on the bed. We then started rolling on our recorders/cameras; I sat up on the child’s bed to see if I couldn’t get some sort of a response while Scott was standing right in front of the door. I have to note the severely high EMF all around the child’s bed, and the fact that it was around 81 degrees in the room. We sat swimming in sweat in the room for close to 30 minutes and we failed to catch any sort of visual evidence. After reviewing our camera footage and our digital recorders, we received no evidence out of the son’s room this time around. We then decided to return down to the basement, being that it was the most active portion of the house at the time. We left an IR camera, motion detector, EMF detector, and a digital recorder rolling in the room, then headed back for the basement.


Categories: TCPRI Directors Blog

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In